Get started with Kong
Kong installation folder is located in /opt/bitnami/apps/kong/, which has the following contents:
- openresty/: contains Openresty, LuaJIT and Luarocks libraries and binary files.
- openresty/nginx : Openresty’s bundled NGINX server
- openresty/luajit/: LuaJIT folder. Lua modules can be found in openresty/luajit/lib and openresty/luajit/share. All binary files can be found in openresty/luajit/bin.
- serf/: Serf Cluster management used by Kong
- conf/: Kong’s configuration files.
- server/: Kong’s server working directory
- bin/: Kong’s binary resides here.
Apart from this, you can find Cassandra located in /opt/bitnami/cassandra.
In order to manage Kong, you can use /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh, which allows start, stop and check the status of Kong:
$ sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh start kong # Start Kong $ sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh stop kong # Stop Kong $ sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart kong # Restart Kong $ sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh status kong # Check Kong status
Alternatively, you can also use the bin/kong command which is located in /opt/bitnami/apps/kong/. Please note that it must be executed as the user kong in order to work correctly.
$ cd /opt/bitnami/apps/kong $ sudo su kong $ bin/kong start # Start Kong $ bin/kong stop # Stop Kong $ bin/kong restart # Restart Kong $ bin/kong status # Check Kong status
You can find a 5-minute quickstart guide (where you will create an API, a consumer and enable the key-auth plugin) in Kong’s official getting started documentation.