Obtain application and server credentials
Welcome to your new Bitnami application! Here are a few questions (and answers!) you might need when first starting with your application.
What are the system requirements?
Before you download and install your application, check that your system meets these requirements.
How do I install the Bitnami Ruby Stack?
Windows, Mac OS and Linux installer
Download the executable file for the Bitnami Ruby Stack from the Bitnami website.
Run the downloaded file:
- On Linux, give the installer executable permissions and run the installation file in the console.
- On other platforms, double-click the installer and follow the instructions shown.
The application will be installed to the following default directories:
|Linux||/opt/APPNAME-VERSION (running as root user)|
OS X VM
- Download the OS X VM file for the Bitnami Ruby Stack from the Bitnami website.
- Begin the installation process by double-clicking the image file and dragging the WordPress OS X VM icon to the Applications folder.
- Launch the VM by double-clicking the icon in the Applications folder.
The application is installed in the /opt/bitnami directory of the OS X VM.
What credentials do I need?
You need application credentials, consisting of a password. This will allow you to log in to the services of the Bitnami stack.
What is the administrator password?
Windows, OS X and Linux installer
The password was configured by you when you first installed the application.
OS X VM
The password can be obtained by clicking the Bitnami badge at the bottom right corner of the application welcome page.
How do I access the application administration panel?
Access the administration panel by browsing to http://localhost//.