Obtain application and server credentials
Welcome to your new Bitnami application! Here are a few questions (and answers!) you might need when first starting with your application.
What are the system requirements?
Before you download and install your application, check that your system meets these requirements.
How do I install the Bitnami WordPress Stack?
Windows, OS X and Linux installer
Download the executable file for the Bitnami WordPress Stack from the Bitnami website.
Run the downloaded file:
- On Linux, give the installer executable permissions and run the installation file in the console.
- On other platforms, double-click the installer and follow the instructions shown.
The application will be installed to the following default directories:
|Mac OS X||/Applications/APPNAME-VERSION|
|Linux||/opt/APPNAME-VERSION (running as root user)|
OS X VM
- Download the OS X VM file for the Bitnami WordPress Stack from the Bitnami website.
- Begin the installation process by double-clicking the image file and dragging the WordPress OS X VM icon to the Applications folder.
- Launch the VM by double-clicking the icon in the Applications folder.
What credentials do I need?
You need application credentials, consisting of a username and password. These credentials allow you to log in to your new Bitnami application.
What is the administrator username set for me to log in to the application for the first time?
- For Windows, Linux and OS X installers, the username was configured by you when you first installed the application.
- For OS X VMs, the username can be obtained by clicking the Bitnami badge at the bottom right corner of the application welcome page.
What is the administrator password?
- For Windows, Linux and OS X installers, the password was configured by you when you first installed the application.
- For OS X VMs, the password can be obtained by clicking the Bitnami badge at the bottom right corner of the application welcome page.
How do I access the application administration panel?
Access the administration panel by browsing to http://localhost/wp-admin/.