The Bitnami SonarQube Stack includes the plugins below by default:
Install plugins from the Admin Dashboard
You can install plugins from the Admin Dashboard. To install a new plugin in SonarQube, follow these steps:
- Log in to the SonarQube dashboard and click on the “Administration” tab.
- Under the “System” dropdown menu, click on “Update center”.
- Select the “Available” tab and look for the plugin you want to install.
- Click on the “Install” button.
- Once the process finishes, you will be prompted to restart SonarQube in order to complete the installation. Click on the “Restart” button.
- You will be prompted to confirm the action. Click again on the “Restart” button. This could take a few minutes.
- That’s it! Now you can navigate to the “Update center” again and check that your plugin is installed.
Manually install plugins
To install a SonarQube plugin, download the plugin (.jar file) and save it in the installdir/sonarqube/sonarqube/extensions/plugins/ directory. Then, change the file ownership to sonarqube user.
Here is an example of installing the GitHub plugin for SonarQube:
Log in to the server console.
Navigate to the installdir/sonarqube/sonarqube/extensions/plugins/ directory.
Download the latest version of the plugin JAR. You can use the command below (on Linux and Mac OS X):
$ sudo wget https://sonarsource.bintray.com/Distribution/sonar-github-plugin/sonar-github-plugin-220.127.116.112.jar
Change the ownership (Only on Linux and Mac OS X if the stack was installed as root).
$ sudo chown -R sonarqube:sonarqube sonar-github-plugin-18.104.22.1682.jar
Restart SonarQube using the graphical manager or the command-line script:
$ sudo installdir/ctlscript.sh restart sonarqube