It is strongly recommended to create a backup before starting the update process. If you have important data, create and try to restore a backup to ensure that everything works properly.
You can upgrade PrestaShop using the “1-Click Upgrade” module.
Follow these steps:
- Access your Prestashop administration console using your browser. Navigate to the “Modules -> Modules & Services” menu and install the “1-Click Upgrade” module.
- Once installed, click the “Update It” button for the “1-Click Upgrade” module. This brings up the checklist for performing the upgrade.
- You should see a single red X on the list. This is because the site is not yet in Maintenance Mode. Click the button to set it to Maintenance Mode.
- Click the “Upgrade PrestaShop Now!” link and wait until the upgrade process is finished.
- Access the administration console again, navigate to the “Preferences -> Maintenance” menu and “Enable” your shop.
- Check that your site is working correctly.