The Bitnami package for SonarQube™ includes the plugins below by default:
Install plugins from the Admin Dashboard
You can install plugins from the Admin Dashboard. To install a new plugin in SonarQube, follow these steps:
- Log in to the SonarQube dashboard and click on the “Administration” tab.
- Under the “System” dropdown menu, click on “Update center”.
- Select the “Available” tab and look for the plugin you want to install.
- Click on the “Install” button.
- Once the process finishes, you will be prompted to restart SonarQube in order to complete the installation. Click on the “Restart” button.
- You will be prompted to confirm the action. Click again on the “Restart” button. This could take a few minutes.
- That’s it! Now you can navigate to the “Update center” again and check that your plugin is installed.
Manually install plugins
To install a SonarQube plugin, download the plugin (.jar file) and save it in the SonarQube plugins directory. Then, change the file ownership to sonarqube user.
Here is an example of installing the GitHub plugin for SonarQube:
Log in to the server console.
Navigate to the SonarQube plugins directory:
$ cd /opt/bitnami/sonarqube/extensions/plugins
Download the latest version of the plugin JAR:
$ sudo wget https://sonarsource.bintray.com/Distribution/sonar-github-plugin/sonar-github-plugin-X.Y.Z.jar
Change the ownership.
$ sudo chown -R sonarqube:sonarqube sonar-github-plugin-X.Y.Z.jar
Restart SonarQube using the command-line script:
$ sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart sonarqube