Configure SMTP for outbound emails
To configure the email settings:
- Click “Dashboard” in the upper right corner of your concrete5 toolbar
- Click the “System & Settings -> SMTP Method” menu item.
Set the values for the SMTP account as below, assuming a Gmail account:
- Send Mail Method: External SMTP Server
- Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Username: USERNAME@gmail.com
- Password: PASSWORD
- Encryption: TLS
- Port: 587
Replace the above values with settings specific to your SMTP server. If using Gmail, replace the USERNAME and PASSWORD placeholders with correct values for your Gmail account.
Here is an example:
To configure the application to use other third-party SMTP services for outgoing email, such as SendGrid, refer to the FAQ.
NOTE: If you are using Gmail as the outbound email server and have experienced issues trying to send emails correctly, check the Gmail SMTP troubleshooting page to learn the causes of these issues and how to solve them.