Create Secure and Optimized Application Images with Bitnami's Production Containers
If you're a developer looking to publish a Docker image of your application, there are some basic requirements you're always going to want in your production container image:
- It needs to have the latest language runtime and bug fixes.
- It needs to be small in size and contain only the minimum necessary files.
- It needs to be secure.
Bitnami's production containers contain only the minimal dependencies required for an application to work andare small and quick to build. They're also are always secure, optimized and up-to-date, so you can rest assured that your application always has access to the latest language features and security fixes.
This series walks you through the process of creating minimal, secure and production-ready images for applications written in various programming languages using Bitnami's production containers.
What will you learn?
- Understand Docker's multi-stage builds
- Work with Bitnami's Ruby and Rails containers
- Work with Bitnami's Node.js containers
- Work with Bitnami's Go container
- Publish and update application images on Docker hub
List of tutorials
Secure and Optimize a Rails Web Application with Bitnami's Production ContainersBy Vikram Vaswani, Juan Ariza
Deploy a Custom Node.js Application using Bitnami ContainersBy Vikram Vaswani