Understand the default configuration
There are three major components included in the Open edX powered by Bitnami:
- edX Platform: Centerpiece of the Open edX architecture. It contains the Learning Management System (LMS) and the Course Management System (CMS), Studio.
- XQueue: IDA (Independently Deployed Application) that defines an interface for the LMS to communicate with external grader services.
- Forum: IDA used by the LMS via API to integrate discussions into the learners’ course experience.
There are other components included in the Stack which are required by the Open edX services such as RabbitMQ, MongoDB, MySQL, Memcached, Apache or Elasticsearch.
See Open edX architecture for more information about the Open edX structure.
Find the components mentioned before at:
- edX platform: /opt/bitnami/apps/edx.
- XQueue: /opt/bitnami/apps/xqueue.
- Forum: /opt/bitnami/apps/forum.
Each component included in the Open edX Stack has its own configuration files:
- The edX platform configuration files are located at /opt/bitnami/apps/edx/conf/.
- The XQueue configuration files are located at /opt/bitnami/apps/xqueue/conf/.
- The edX forum configuration files are located at /opt/bitnami/apps/forum/conf/.
NOTE: Any modifications made in the configuration files will be loaded after restarting the Apache server.