Configure SMTP for outbound emails
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the OSClass admin interface.
- Select the “Settings -> Mail Server” menu item.
Configure SMTP as shown below, assuming a Gmail account:
- Server type: Gmail Server
- Hostname: smtp.gmail.com
- Server port: 465
- Username: USERNAME@gmail.com
- Password: PASSWORD
- Encryption: ssl
- SMTP: SMTP Authentication enables
Replace the above values with settings specific to your SMTP server. If using Gmail, replace the USERNAME and PASSWORD placeholders with correct values for your Gmail account.
To configure the application to use other third-party SMTP services for outgoing email, such as SendGrid, refer to the FAQ.
NOTE: If you are using Gmail as the outbound email server and have experienced issues trying to send emails correctly, check the Gmail SMTP troubleshooting page to learn the causes of these issues and how to solve them.