Configure SMTP for outbound emails
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the application as an administrator.
- Click the gear icon at the top right of the dashboard, and select the “Configuration” menu item.
- Select the “Email Settings” tab.
- Select your preferred service from the “Service to send mail through” selector.
- Enter the credentials for the selected service. For example, if you’re using Gmail for mail delivery, enter your Gmail username and password. Or, if you’re using a custom SMTP server, enter the server host name, port, encryption type and authentication mode.
Click the “Test connection” and “Send test email” buttons to verify your connection.
To configure the application to use other third-party SMTP services for outgoing email, such as SendGrid or Mandrill, refer to the FAQ.
NOTE: If you are using Gmail as the outbound email server and have experienced issues trying to send emails correctly, check the Gmail SMTP troubleshooting page to learn the causes of these issues and how to solve them.