Understand the default configuration
Kong configuration file
Kong’s configuration properties are set in /opt/bitnami/kong/conf/kong.conf. The most important properties are:
- database: This is the datastore used by Kong, and it is fundamental for setting a Kong cluster. The default image uses Cassandra as its default provider.
- proxy_listen: This is the address at which Kong’s proxy will listen. Even though its default value is 0.0.0.0:8000, open the corresponding port in order to allow remote requests.
- admin_listen: This is the address at which Kong’s administration interface will listen for requests. Its default value is 127.0.0.1:8001 (and 127.0.0.1:8444 for SSL), and you will need to SSH your instance in order to access it.
Kong also allows setting configuration via environment variables (which override the contents of kong.conf). You can set them in /opt/bitnami/scripts/setenv.sh.
Find a full reference of the different configuration properties in the configuration reference in Kong’s site.
- Port 8000: Kong API forward port.
- Port 8443: Kong API forward port (SSL).
- Port 8001: Kong admin API port. Only connections from localhost are permitted.
- Port 8444: Kong admin API port (SSL). Only connections from localhost are permitted.
Kong log file
Kong log files are created at: