How to change the server type or resize the server?
The Bitnami Launchpad for AWS Cloud only supports server sizing during the initial server build process. Since the server is accessible via the AWS Cloud Console, you can get a resized version of the server from there afterwards if needed.·
The procedure consists of creating a new server using the same disk as the server to be resized, and then deleting the old one following the steps below.
- Browse to the Bitnami Launchpad for AWS Cloud and sign in if required using your Bitnami account.
- Select the "Virtual Machines" menu item.
- Select your cloud server from the resulting list. Note the server name.
On the server detail page, click the "Manage in the AWS Cloud Console" button.
- You will be redirected to the AWS Cloud Console. Log in if needed.
- In the left navigation bar, select the "Instances -> Instances" menu item.
- Select your instance in the dashboard.
From the "Actions" drop-down menu, select the "Instance State -> Stop" menu item.
Once the instance has stopped, select the "Instance Settings -> Change Instance type" menu item.
In the resulting dialog, select the new server size and click "Apply".
From the "Actions" drop-down menu, select the "Instance State -> Start" menu item.
The server should restart using the new type.