Configure SMTP for outbound emails
To configure outbound email, follow these steps:
- Log in to your server console, ensuring that you activate a secure tunnel for phpMyAdmin or phpPgAdmin.
- Browse to http://127.0.0.1:8888/phpmyadmin or http://127.0.0.1:8888/phppgadmin respectively.
- Log in with the correct username and password.
- In the left navigation pane, select the bitnami_tiki database.
- In the right content page, select the “SQL” tab.
- Configure outbound email settings using an SQL query like the one below, which configures the system to use Gmail’s SMTP servers. Replace USERNAME and PASSWORD with your Gmail account username and password respectively.
INSERT INTO tiki_preferences (name,value) VALUES ('mail_crlf','CRLF'),('zend_mail_handler','smtp'),('zend_mail_smtp_auth','login'),('zend_mail_smtp_user','USERNAME@gmail.com'),('zend_mail_smtp_pass','PASSWORD'),('zend_mail_smtp_security','ssl'),('zend_mail_smtp_server','smtp.gmail.com'),('zend_mail_smtp_port','465');
- Click “Go” to execute the query. To configure the application to use the SMTP service provided by Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), refer to the guide on using Amazon SES.
NOTE: Amazon EC2 blocks SMTP port 25 by default on all Amazon EC2 instances, and you must manually request removal of this restriction to use this port.
To configure the application to use other third-party SMTP services for outgoing email, such as SendGrid, refer to the FAQ.